Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Dr Pepper Chicken

I found the original recipe on thirtyhandmadedays.com. I wanted more sauce and smaller pieces of chicken, so I made some adaptations. The family loved it! I served it with rice. When the chicken and rice were gone, I found a child eating a bowl of the sauce... I used the following: 1 cup ketchup 1 cup Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce 1 cup plus a tablespoon or two of Caffeine free Dr Pepper Mix these ingredients together and set aside. I used 4 very large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 4 pieces each. I did this because the little kids east just a bit, but I'm glad I did, because the flavor soaked in everywhere. Spray a 9x13 pan with pan spray, lay chicken in pan and pour sauce over the top making sure it coats all the pieces. Next sprinkle 1/4 cup of brown sugar over the top of the chicken and the sauce. Bake, uncovered at 350* for 45-60 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165*. I think I will try marinating the chicken in the sauce next time before grilling on the BBQ. While the chicken cooks, I will boil the sauce to reduce and heat to 165*, then serve over the chicken. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment