Sunday, July 25, 2010

favorite frosting

I made this frosting last week and it is definitely my favorite frosting EVER!
I used regular vanilla, because I was coloring the frosting blue, but I will definitely try clear vanilla, Mexican vanilla, and maybe some other flavors -like orange on lemon cupcakes or something. I'll try to keep you posted on how these work!

1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped very stiff- just before the butter stage
Hint: Chill the mixer and beaters in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before mixing to help the cream hold up

Mix separately:
8 oz cream cheese
1 3/4 c powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt

When cream cheese mixture is well mixed and creamy, fold into the whipped cream. if using color add it at this point. Use paste frosting, or add a bit more sugar if using drops as this is a very lightweight frosting. It can now be spread, or I put it into a gallon size freezer bag, cut out the corner and piped it in circles onto cupcakes.
SO Delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment